Monday, January 16, 2012

Destination: Republica Dominicana!

You can watch a short video Republica Dominicana

Dominican Republic was my dream for three years and I finally made it come true! This was my first visit to the Caribbean and I fell in love with it.

The final semester at school accompanied by a job was very stressful with a lot of projects and assignments. No doubt, the final weeks full of presentations, exams, and final reports were so hectic that I had to spend nights in Gelman (GWU’s library). Struggling with a desire to sleep and trying to stay warm in the library in windy winter DC, it seemed that a getaway is impossible, it was like a dream.
But the last task is finally submitted on blackboard and I am flying … to paradise!

It is amazing to get to a warm place amidst winter and take off your jacket and boots, step on white sand and touch the azure warm waters of the Atlantic ocean, calm and peaceful. What makes it even relaxing is no internet access, no e-mails, no phone calls, total relaxation. This is paradise. Surrounded by tall palms with huge leaves I was lying on the beach and watching the waves. This is just a picture from internet!

The place was really cool. As a graduate of hospitality management program, I took the opportunity to assess the place from the point of view of a visitor and a hotelier. A spacious room with heavenly beds, modern shower cubicle, jacuzzi on the balcony, ocean view, huge territory, great entertainment, and friendly staff, isn’t it a luxury hotel? It is! You can experience this all at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, which is all inclusive on top of it all.
I was really amazed by the friendliness of the personnel. This property is so huge but the bellman recognized me every time I passed by. Whenever you come across a staff member, you will surely be welcomed with a smile and greeted. People in Dominican Republic are very open, easy-going, friendly and nice.

If I had a chance to select a place to live, I would definitely choose a Caribbean destination. Sun, ocean, sand, relaxation, and friendly people, what would you want more for a peaceful life?

0 comments: